Summers days can be very hot, humid and sweaty. During high temperature days using air conditioners become inevitable and this use of air conditioners means consumption of energy that leads to high electricity costs. But there are some ways that can be adopted to reduce energy consumption up to 30% without avoiding the use of air conditioners to cool your home space.
- Cover your windows with blinds or heavy curtains to retain outside heat to come indoors through window panes. In the areas where the temperature gets very high in summers, direct sunlight in your room makes the air inside the room warmer and the air conditioner has to work more to regulate the room temperature. Pressure on compressor and constant working of the air conditioner consumes more energy. Thus, prevention of direct sunlight through windows saves a lot of energy.
- Keeping air conditioner’s air-filters clean results in optimum performance and less use of energy. Clogged and dusty air-filters hinder the air flow of the air conditioner and the air conditioner has to work harder to through air out in the room. However, cleaning air filters twice a month can lessen energy consumption.
- Intrusion of uncooled air into the cooling zone can dampen the performance of the air conditioner and raises unwanted ingestion of energy. That is why it is necessary to keep the doors of the air conditioner zone closed and avoid any unnecessary opening of the doors so that the outside air do not make your cool room warm because the air
conditioner has to exert more to keep the air cool.
- Keeping HVAC on very low temperature in summers may cause more energy consumption. Temperature on 72F is considered to be normal. But if the air conditioner is on constatnlty on 65F then it means the air is cooler in your space than you actually need. You feel chill and have to use blanket. It is surprising that you can save a lot of energy by setting your thermostat on normal because every degree matters.
- Air conditioner has to keep on working for more time when the thermostat is on low, that is why even when the room temperature is comfortable for you the air conditioner keeps on cooling the room even more that is just wastage of energy and
These easy ways can make you enjoy cool air throughout summers without being worried about high energy costs.